Battle of the books procedures
(Scroll down for book club procedures)
- Students will select and read one of the books from the Battle of the Books List.
- After completing the book, the student will take a Read 'n Quiz test on the book. If a student does not pass the test, they will need to write a summary on the book, sign the summary, and have a parent and a teacher sign the summary as well.
- Students will drop off the Read 'n Quiz report in Mrs. Ramirez's class before school, during recess, or after school in the Battle of the Books box connected to the window. Please make sure that every report has a student name, name of the book, name of the teacher, and the score they received on the test.
- Teachers will be updated once a student has completed five books and made it into the Battle of the Books Club.
- Upon making it into the Club, the student will receive a t-shirt. Their name will also be placed on boxing gloves to be displayed on the the library window and they will be able to attend the end of the year party.
- In order to be a part of the Battle of the Books Competition to be held in May, students must read 12 of the 20 books. Of course, the more books they read, the better they will do in the competition!
Book club procedures
- Students can wear their BOTB t-shirts on Book Club days instead of uniform t-shirts!! :)
- Students may only attend a book club meeting if they have read the book which will be discussed at that meeting.
- An announcement will be made each Monday morning as to which book will be featured in the book club meeting and then again on Friday the day of the book club.
- Book club meetings will be held for all grades at the same time from 12:20-12:45. Fourth graders will eat their lunch and go. Fifth and sixth graders will get their lunch and eat their lunch at the book club meeting.